It’s What Daddy Says… #TeamEvans Family Values
When I think about Cultivating Greatness, I recognize that it has to be intentional. We all have inherited greatness in our families and in each of our communities, but it must be cultivated. Just because we are born packed with potential and so much possibility does not mean that we can allow greatness to lay dormant. In order for our families and our communities to not only survive but to also THRIVE we have to continue to plant seeds of greatness, till the land, turn the soil, and then sit back and watch God bring about a great harvest.
To cultivate anything just simply means that you are intentionally preparing the area and you are laboring over it in order to foster its growth. Alphonso and I talked about the many values we try to instill in our children and the values we profess to live by in our family and here are just a few of those thoughts, lessons, and sayings that our children get sick of hearing. But no matter how sick they get of hearing them, we choose to parent purposefully and therefore we don’t care what they feel about our values we just know they better follow them 🙂 LOL
As they grow, and our lives change, these values may change as well but, I’ve got a pretty good feeling that most of them will stick!
- Seek, Serve and Honor God In All That You Do
- As for me and my house we will serve the Lord … Joshua 24:15
- Love yourself
- How you treat yourself sets the standard for how others will treat you
- Love Your Family
- #TeamEvans and #TeamRoberts must always remain of the utmost importance to each of you, but when daddy and I are no longer here your brother-sister relationship must remain intact. You are all you have. YOU MUST LOVE EACH OTHER, NEVER LEAVE EACHOTHER, AND ALWAYS HAVE EACHOTHERS BACKS. People will come and go but the bond of siblings must never be compromised.
- Give back
- God blesses us to be a blessing
- A closed fist cannot give and it surely cannot receive
- This House is a No Excuse Zone
- Excuses are tools of the incompetent used to build monuments of nothingness and those who specialize in them shall never be good at anything else
- Plant Good Seeds
- You can’t reap a bountiful harvest if you first don’t plant good seeds
- Always keep the desire to Serve and Sow
- Use Your Voice
- Speak up and speak clearly. We want to hear what you have to say. Your voice matters. Listen to each other and respect each other’s opinions.
- Our lives begin to end the day we dome silent about the things that matter ~ Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Don’t let any grass grow under your feet
- Tomorrow is not promised… Act now, don’t waste time, and don’t delay your greatness
- Dream BIG… Always!
- If your dreams don’t scare you, then you are not dreaming big enough
- We Take No Shorts…
- Enjoy life and Live it To The Fullest
#TeamEvans takes no shorts. The biggest risk is when you don’t take one; therefore, give it all you have and take no shorts in this life…
- Enjoy life and Live it To The Fullest
- “Don’t give up, don’t ever give up.”
- Difficulty on the way to victory is the opportunity to watch god work
- Mediocrity is not a trait of an Evans
- The price of excellence is discipline and the cost of mediocrity is disappointment
- Good enough is never good enough if it is not your personal best
- Never say, “I can’t”.
- Always remember that you are in your “Year of Yet” It’s never that you can’t, its always that you just haven’t YET.
- Where you fall short, always remember God will make up the difference
- It’s okay to make mistakes, learn from them
- If you’re not making mistakes, you’re not taking risks, and that means you’re not going anywhere. The key is to make mistakes faster than your competition, so you have more chances to learn, grow and win from the lessons learned through your mistakes.
- Set goals and be determined
- Goal and Get…
- Great Lives are not attained by happenstance they are achieved through prayer, goal setting, hard work and follow-through
- Early is on time, on time is late and late is unacceptable…
- If you know Alphonso Sr., then you know he’s not in agreement with this statement uggggghhhhhhhh LI’m convinced that his lack of timeliness is an illness
- We are blessed, be grateful
- It’s nothing worse than an ungrateful person. God is and has been better than god to us and our family and therefore at all times you must be grateful recognizing that things could be different …
- There but for the grace of God go I …
- Be Courteous, Kind and Forgiving
- These attributes will be crucial throughout your entire life. Always remember that being courteous and kind can change an atmosphere and that forgiving others is more about you then. The person you have to extend forgiveness toward.
- Finish Strong
- You run to win… You don’t just finish but you finish strong… You Set the tone and you finish your race
- Always remember that you have to run faster, jump higher, and work harder in this country, yet you are more than a conquerer and more than capable to overcome it all
- Be confident (& careful not to be arrogant)
- We remind you every day that you are nothing less than BLACK GREATNESS; therefore, make sure that the world knows it through your deeds and your actions, but always remember to stay humble, grateful and not arrogant. Arrogance can lead to a fall.
Want To Do This Activity With Your Family?
Ask Yourself These Questions…
- What is most important to our family?
- What are some of our favorite sayings?
- What words best describe our family?
- What are our strengths as a family?
- What areas do we have the potential to show weakness and what are the words we should use to overcome those areas?